The benefits of this service include:
- A simple, convenient way to receive, manage and pay your bills
- Secure and private
- Flexibility - available 24/7
- Free service
- No need for a paper bill
Frequently asked questions about this service are listed below. To sign up, visit www.epost.ca
Festival Hydro Season's Savings Contest
Register now at www.epost.ca for a chance to win!
If you are an active Festival Hydro Customer* and register with epost before December 31st, 2011 your name will automatically be entered into a draw to win one of the following prizes:
1. Up to $300.00 to be used towards the purchase of an Energy Star Appliance. (Prize value awarded cannot exceed cost of appliance based on receipt provided, date on receipt must be after contest close date.)
2. Up to $300.00 to pay for the audit(s) under the current Eco Energy Retrofit Program. (Receipt is Required and date on receipt must be after contest close date.)
3. Up to $300.00 towards the cost of purchasing energy efficient central heating and cooling systems eligible under the Ontario Power Authority's SaveOnEnergy program. (Based on any install since March 01, 2011 and before December 31st, 2011 along with proof of purchase and eligibility required.)
* Festival Hydro Inc, Festival Hydro Services Inc, and Rhyzome Networks employees and their families are not eligible to participate. Contest ends December 31st, 2011 at 11:50 PM. Contest only open to epost residents in Canada and over the age of majority. Prize determined by a random draw held January 31st, 2012. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Here are some of the most frequently asked questions for epost. Please select a question from the list or scroll down the page to learn more.
- What is epost?
- How do I start receiving my Festival Hydro bill online through epost?
- What are mailers?
- What banks offer the epost service?
- What other mailers are available through epost?
- How do I know that I have properly added Festival Hydro as a mailer?
- Will I still receive my paper bill?
- Will I be notified when my bill is available?
- What payment methods are available through epost?
- Can I continue to pay my bill using my preferred method?
- Can I access my bill from any computer?
- Who do I contact if I have questions about my bill?
- Is epost available in french?
- How much does epost cost?
- When will I receive my first bill on-line through epost?
- Can I go back to paper bills if I do not like receiving my bill on-line through epost?
1. What is epost?
epost is Canada Post's free bill presentment service, where you can add, pay, view and manage over 200 types of bills and other documents like phone, hydro, cable and credit cards, all online. You can access your electronic documents through you online banking web site directly or through www.epost.ca
2. How do I start receiving my Festival Hydro bill online through epost?
There are two steps.
Create your secure, electronic mailbox (called an epost boxTM) at either www.epost.ca or within your online banking account at most major financial institutions. If you already have an epost mailbox you can proceed to step two.
Add Festival Hydro as a mailer by clicking on the "add mailer" button and choosing Festival Hydro from the list of available mailers. You will be prompted to enter the bill number and account number from a previous bill. Be sure to have a copy of your bill on hand.
3. What are mailers?
Mailers are the companies and organizations who can send epost users their bills.
4. What banks offer the epost service?
If you already pay your bills online, why not receive and view them there too? epost is available within online banking at the following financial institutions:
- Bank of Montreal
- Citizens Bank of Canada
- Laurentian Bank of Canada
- National Bank of Canada
- Royal Bank
- TD Canada Trust
5. What other mailers are available through epost?
There are over 100 leading Canadian companies available to choose from including: Bell Canada, Rogers, Canadian Tire, Hbc, and the VISAs and MasterCards of most financial institutions.
6. How do I know that I have properly added Festival Hydro as a mailer?
You will receive a confirmation from epost in your epost box and a letter from Festival Hydro.
7. Will I still receive my paper bill?
No, when you sign up to have your bill delivered through epost you will no longer receive a paper bill through traditional mail. However, you can print a copy of your bill from the epost site for your records.
8. Will I be notified when my bill is available?
When you create your epost box you will be given the option of whether or not to receive notification when you have mail in your epost mailbox.
9. What payment methods are available through epost?
A link is provided from epost to all financial institutions. The link will allow you to pay online using your own personal financial institution.
If you are using epost within online banking, you can pay online directly from your Festival Hydro bill! Just click the pay button and you'll automatically be taken to the bill payment section within your online banking account.
10. Can I continue to pay my bill using my preferred method?
Yes. Although a printed copy from epost does not serve as an official bill, you can use it to obtain the account number and amount owing and pay using your preferred method.
11. Can I access my bill from any computer?
Yes, all that is required is internet access. However, the epost site is best viewed with Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher, Netscape Communicator 7.0 or higher, or Firefox 1.5.
12. Who do I contact if I have questions about my bill?
If your question is in regards to the content of your bill (ie: amount, usage) please email
, an agent will respond to your inquiry by the end of the next business day. If your question is in regards to your mailbox please contact epost at 1-877-376-1212 or by email at
13. Is epost available in french?
Yes. The epost site is available in french. Your Festival Hydro bill will continue to be presented in both english and french.
14. How much does epost cost?
Festival Hydro is pleased to offer this service free of charge to its customers.
15. When will I receive my first bill on-line through epost?
After you add Festival Hydro as a mailer and you have received confirmation, your next bill will be delivered through epost.
16. Can I go back to paper bills if I do not like receiving my bill on-line through epost?
Yes, simply remove Festival Hydro as a mailer and you will begin to receive your paper bill through traditional mail.