Save up to $125 a year on electricity costs by having your old fridge or freezer removed for free.*
If you have a fridge or freezer that is 15 years old or more and in working condition, we will haul it out of your home and recycle it in an environmentally-friendly way for free. You won't have to pay or do a thing.
To be eligible, you must have at least one “primary appliance” that meets the requirements listed below. We’ll also pick up your window air conditioners and dehumidifiers providing you have at least one “primary appliance”.
Full sized refrigerators and full sized freezers must be:
- between 10-27 cubic feet
- in working condition (plugged in 24 hrs prior to pick up)
- 15 years of age or older
Window air conditioners and dehumidifiers must be:
- in working condition
- 10 years of age or older
- window air conditioners must be removed from the window prior to pick-up
- An individual 18 years or older must be home during the scheduled appointment time to sign the appliance release form.
- Ammonia-based refrigerators are not eligible for pick-up.
Your Appliance Pickup Location Must:
- Be located in a single-family dwelling, townhouse, duplex, triplex or fourplex;
- Or be located in an apartment or condominium that is over three stories;
- Meet the criteria as outlined below.
All Pickup Locations Must:
- Be easily accessible by paved roads and/or roads that are serviced by municipalities in the winter;
- Have a driveway or laneway wide enough to accommodate a truck, or suitable street access where stopping is allowed by law;
- Have doorways into and within the residence that are wide enough for the appliance to be removed;
- Have a clear pathway to the appliance that is also large enough to accommodate two removal technicians and a dolly.
All apartments and condominiums (over 3 stories) must ALSO have:
For complete details or to book an appointment, visit saveonenergy.ca, or call 1-877-797-9473 today.
- An accessible driveway or laneway with a height clearance of 12’ 6” (or 3.81 metres);
- An elevator (preferably a padded ‘service elevator’) booked for the date and time of the appointment;
- Access to elevator/loading area;
- Landlord/superintendent approval of the pick up.
Festival Hydro's service area includes the City of Stratford, Town of St. Marys, and former Towns of Seaforth, Hensall, Zurich, Brussels and Dashwood.
* Subject to the terms and conditions at saveonenergy.ca.